Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Living with Depression is Hard, but not Hopeless

Depression may be a part of you, but it's not all of you. It doesn't need to define you or your life. Sometimes depression can make you feel worthless, powerless, and hopeless. But don't believe those malicious lies. That is distorted melancholic thinking without any basis in reality.
Remember in God's eyes you're valuable. You're special. You're loved. And your future remains firmly secured in His capable hands. 
So please don't give up. It's important to recognize you're not alone. Be kind to yourself. Seek the help you need to get through today. Hold onto hope.

Psalm 43:5 (ESV) states:
Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment